|Elizabeth MacKenzie, PhD 206.932.2590 (Office)
Child & Adolescent Psychologist 206.315.9736 (Fax) email
Education & License
- Washington License
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology,
University of North Carolina
at Chapel Hill.
- Intern, University of Florida.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Indiana
Other Past Experience
- Research on parenting,
bullying, and behavior
- U.W. Research Scientist
I have been in private practice
since 2003. When I am not doing
the job I love, I am cooking,
hiking, making ceramics, and
being with my family.
Psychological Assessment and Consultation
- Co-occurring difficulties with behavior, social skills, and
- Learning Disorders
- 504 plans and I.E.P.s.
- Attendance at school meetings.
- School/daycare observations
- SAT/ACT/GRE and other test accommodations
- College/Graduate school accommodations.
- Consultation about school placement and behavior plans.
Copyright © 2007 West Seattle Psychological Services
Seattle skyline image from ABKL Designs
Parenting intervention and consultation
- Parenting young children with challenging behavior such as tantrums,
aggression, defiance, homework struggles, sibling conflict, sleep issues,
and difficulties following daily routines. (Sometimes just getting out the
door in the morning is a victory.)
- I provide evidence-based parenting interventions. I am trained in multiple
behavioral parent training programs including PCIT and PMT. Most of the
families I work with have a child with ADHD and behavior problems, many
of whom have co-occurring social, emotional, and developmental issues.
- Parenting is incredibly hard and it hits close to the heart. I help parents to
set effective limits while maintaining close parent-child relationships. In
addition to techniques, this also requires self-care and self-compassion.
West Seattle Psychological Services
4746 44th Ave SW, Ste. 202 (Level C)
Seattle, WA 98116
We are located in the West Seattle Junction, across the
street from Junction Hardware